Me: Aged 16 with a house of cards that I built
At least two people have tagged me in this meme so I will play along.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.
11 random things about me:
- Combined from 3 different instruments I’ve taken about 8 years of music lessons.
- I have zero musical talent.
- When I was little I was diagnosed with/I have mild dyslexia. It was never really treated as a ‘learning disability’ and didn’t really affect my school work but my spelling & grammar are still really atrocious. I try not to use it as a crutch but when someone points out a simple word I’ve misspelled again (like Tuesday, or weird) I always get the urge to yell ‘SHUT UP! I HAZ DYSLEXIA’.
- Although I consider myself a ‘city mouse’ these days, I grew up out in the country on a farm that was about 100 acres.
- This one time, I was 16 & I shaved my head.
- I do not like the band ‘The Cranberries’.
- I’m a Leo, and was born in the year of the Tiger. I always wanted there to be another type of zodiac so that I could be a Lion, a tiger, and a Bear. Oh My!
- Three is my favorite number
- Related to #8, triangles are my favorite shapes.
- Fact: Starburst jelly beans are the best kind of jelly beans.
- Television is definitely my biggest vice. I’m always turning on episodes of really lame TV shows during the day to keep me company, and then I end up actually caring what happens to Adrian Monk, or when that guy is finally going to get his car back on Parking Wars.
Salazar’s 11 questions:
1. If you could travel back in time, when/where would you go? Could I just got back & tell 15 year-old Loren that everything is going to be ok and to not worry so much?
2. How did you come up with your blog’s name? My last name is Cline, I liked the pun, and I like the positive connotation that ‘Incline’ has, also I like triangles an inclined plans is basically a triangle.
3. Favorite era in fashion? Prob the 80′s. Not the hair so much, but the bold colors & shapes. Also the grunge & punk rock. And that’s when England was going Glam Rock right? David Bowie is amazing.
4. What was the first movie you saw in the theater? Did you love it, hate it? Disney’s Snow White, I only remember being terrified while she was running away in the forest.
5. How would you survive a zombie apocalypse? I would get together as many supplies & loved ones as possible, and then take a big boat out into the middle of the Ohio river, and stay there until the Government dealt with everything. With the anchor pulled up in case the Zombies can walk across the river bottom & climb it. Then I’d wait it out, if the national services can’t put everything right after a couple weeks I don’t think I would last long anyway, I do not do enough cardio. I’d have to steal the boat, but it’s the Zombie apocalypse I’m pretty sure I won’t be prosecuted.
6. What is the weirdest thing you ever ate? Did you like it? I’m gonna go with Beef Tripe, it was pretty gross.
7. Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter? Harry Potter, I never finished the LoTR books, sorry lost some nerd points there.
8. What have you done that you are most proud of? One time I beat 7 grown men at a game of Poker. It was winner take all. I walked out with $35 that night. But still I won.
9. To quote Garden State, is there any normal kid thing you kinda wish you missed? (chicken pox, braces, etc ) I had this really awful babysitter for a while, I kind of wish I’d missed out on that.
10. Who is your favorite author? It’s hard to pick one favorite but Terry Pratchet is way up there, he’s funny, witty, satirical, and can still make me cry.
11. Quick, start your music player of choice . What is the first song on your playlist? Right now I am listening to a backlog of NPR podcasts (This American Life & Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me) but I hit ‘Shuffle’ and ‘Take Me Anywhere’ – Tegan & Sara popped up.
1. The strangest day trip you’ve ever been on. I went to a ‘suspension’ show with a good friend. I didn’t really know what it was at the time. I didn’t really go FAR to see it but it was totally trippy and I would totally do it again.
2. Favorite Flower: both cut and planted. For both: Heirloom Carnations, they smell like cinnamon candy and are seriously the prettiest things.
3. Allergies? I get some seasonal allergies & have a mild allergic reaction to that red syrupy fever reducer medicine they give to kids. The one that everyone else seemed to love, it made me throw up…
4. Ideal pet: type, personality, color, name. Um… it’s pretty much Ian-dog. Sorry.
5. Worst outfit you’ve ever worn in public. I had this bright orange satin button-down shirt that was to big for me, and a stretchy sleeveless glittery tiger stripped shirt. I wore them together, back when I refused to wear anything except boys ‘husky’ jeans because I didn’t want people to know I had hips. Also I had green tortoiseshell glasses, and braces. I was very cool in high school.
6. What do you currently use for transportation? A 96′ Acura Integra. It has a 6-CD changer in the trunk. Which was way cool in 1996.
7. Favorite gelato or FroYo flavor. (Or strangest) I’m partial to the fruity ones, the best ice cream flavor is ‘Half-baked’ by Ben & Jerry.
8. Where/ in what circumstance have you been the most physically uncomfortable? That time we went zip lining when I was in high school. I was super nervous, but it was totally awesome.
9. What food item or flavor combination did you unexpectedly like and have intentions of hating? Those green ‘superfood’ smoothies, with the semolina in them. So weird looking but they are delicious!
10. When was the last time you ate a homegrown piece of fruit or vegetable? (Farmer’s Market only kinda counts) My mom gives me some stuff from her garden every year, I had some squash casserole in the fall. But I do not have a green thumb & haven’t participated in gardening since I was in high school.
11. How did you come to the conclusion that you should start a blog? I’ve been blogging off & on since I was about 13. I was feeling a little down last year and it just seems natural to give myself a creative outlet none of my other blogs have ever lasted this long.
I do not think 11 people read this blog who haven’t already filled this out so I’m not going to tag anyone. But if you are reading this and want to play along just use Salazar’s or Kate’s questions! These things can get kind long, but I think can be a lot of fun to read. More people should include things like this on their ‘about’ pages.