I’ve seen loads of these types of lists around the web and I love lists. So on my 25th birthday (well shortly before it) I decided to set myself 26 goals to reach before my 26 birthday! I did reach some decisions recently about the next step in my life that made me look at this list again and decide to change a few things from the original list… But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.
26 before 26
Currently Completed: 0 of 26
Clean out and organize my closet.
- Sew an amazing dress (Read: any dress)
- Finish the crazy quilt I’ve been working on from all my scrap fabrics. It’s about ¼ finished now. (Edit: I’m not really a quilter so this is a ‘mock quilt’.)
- Finish my ‘Interactive Wardrobe’ project. This is something that I have partially finished but haven’t ‘released to the public’. I’d like to get a little more work done before I show anyone. (Edit: Sorry to be so cryptic, I’m kind excited about this one though.)
- Take a road-trip with the curly-haired-boy.
- Teach Ian-Dog some new tricks. Dogs doing cute tricks is one of my favorite things ever. (Edit: We saw a show done by a professional dog trainer in Florida it was super awesome, also loads of ideas!)
- Learn to cook one dish from scratch really well.
- Create more art. I’ve got some empty picture frames waiting for some portraits.
Redesign/Vamp up my blog.You’re on the redesign now, although I forgot too take a screen shot of the older version trust me this one is MUCH nicer.
- Create my personal portfolio site.
- Pick up some freelance work & make a couple websites for other people.
- Learn more PHP (I’ve only got a grasp on the basic functions)
- Make (maybe sell?) more cards. I love designing cards and invites. I’m not expecting this to ever become profitable, but if people like them I’ll at least make some free PDFs for download.
- Learn to REALLY make chai tea.
- Go to the Museum, the local science one has some really awesome exhibits come through. I haven’t been in a long time.
- Take a photography class/learn more about taking photos
- Visit my sister (In Columbus Ohio).
- Read more. (The number of books I have actually read this year is really embarrassing.)
- Learn to mix a ‘signature cocktail’ something that tastes delicious and I can always have the ingredients to sitting around.
- Shop at the farmers markets. There are so many so close that I just need to DO it.
- Fix my bike’s wheel and RIDE that sucker. (Edit: To the Farmers Market?)
Take the dog (and boy) down to Bernheim Forest. (They let in pets!)DONE!
- Keep Updating THIS BLOG.
- Learn more Spanish. I doubt I will ever be fluent. I don’t think my brain is built that way, but I’d love to be a fairly competent reader.
- I’d love to do a blogger meet up with some of the people I’ve met online.
- Buy a used RV and save up to drive across the country for a couple months.
I’ve had a vision in my head for a while of taking a long (2 or 3 month) cross country drive to see all the cool things I haven’t seen yet (like the grand canyon, and the Redwood Forest). I couldn’t quite figure out the mechanics (Tent camping? Getting a car I could sleep in the back of? Bring the dog? Bring the Boy?) until I ran across the wonderful Delightfully Tacky. (If you haven’t seen her page before where have you BEEN?) I’m not sure why the idea of an RV trip didn’t occur to me until I read about someone else doing it but it became the perfect solution to my problem. I’ve ran this idea past Curly Haired Boy and he loves it, but isn’t sure he will financially be able to come with me… So we’ll see how that turns out but Ian and I will almost certainly be making a trip.
This page is for updating and goal keeping. Here is a link to the original birthday post. Before I made changes…