Curly-haired-boy and I love to drink root beer floats together. They are delicious, we agree that they are delicious, and we usually keep a couple of beer mugs in the freezer so that the glasses will be nice & frosty when we decide to partake in a couple. Something about adding root beer to a couple scoops of ice cream makes it feel ‘special’.
So for his birthday party last weekend I was trying to decide on something relatively easy and fun to serve 20 odd people for dessert. (I’m not the best baker.) Then I thought ‘soda floats’! We purchased four cartons of ice cream and five kinds of soda, a big stack of mason jars & straws and then let people go to town.
- Creme Soda
- Jones Fufu Berry
- Root Beer (naturally)
Ice Creams (We avoided anything with chunks in it)
- Vanilla Ice Cream (Obviously)
- Original Tart Fro-yo (Ours is from Menchies, but every fro-yo place I’ve been too has a similar flavor)
- Peach Fro-yo (Kroger variety, we are big spenders!)
- Chocolate Ice Cream
Some fan favorites:
- Grape Soda + Vanilla Ice Cream
- Jones Soda Fufu Berry + ‘Original Tart’ fro-yo
- Orange Soda + Peach Fro-yo
- Creme Soda + Chocolate Ice Cream
Curly-haired-boy & I tried all of these combos and agreed that the orange + peach and the creme soda + chocolate were the best tasting. I’m also big fan of the Fufu berry + Original tart, but Curly-haired-boy isn’t a big fan of either or those things, and the two mixed together didn’t make them taste better.
Other combos I haven’t tried yet but probably will with all the left overs!
- Grape Soda + Peach & Vanilla ice creams
- Orange Soda + Chocolate Ice Cream
- Grape + Original Tart
- Creme Soda + Vanilla & Chocolate Ice Creams
- Orange Soda + Original Tart
Warning: Do not attempt to consume four soda floats very quickly in order to taste all the combinations before they melt. An ice cream headache will occur.